At last month’s trail maintenance day at Turkey Mountain, we quickly discovered that the ground was much to hard to perform any type of hand work. Shovels bent in half; picks shattered as they contacted the dry, hardened earth. OK, that might be overstating the situation. The good news is, we have officially gotten plenty of rain to loosen things up around Turkey Mountain.
So…let’s do this! As a part of the new monthly schedule, we’ll be meeting Saturday, May 14th, 9:00 AM, at the Turkey Mountain parking lot.
- De-cupping trail on several sections of the Ho Chi
- Removal of branches and growth along sections of the Ridge, Lo and Ho Chi, and some west-side trails (recommended by Jim Shipman)
- Round-Up assault on some of the trailhead foliage near the parking lot (recommended by Jason Ruby)
- Removal of old pipes along south face of Turkey Mtn
- Removal/capping of several old oil wellheads (recommended by OERB)
For more info, comments, questions, etc., you may contact River Parks, post on Facebook, or comment on here on TurkeyMTN.com.